Recruit Certified Application Period Now Closed
Thank you for your interest in the UConn Fire Department. Applications are being carefully reviewed. Qualified candidates will receive notification and instruction on next steps in the process. Prospective candidates who missed the application window or current applicants who do not move forward in this process, are encouraged to reapply at future postings.
The University of Connecticut Fire Department responds to approximately 5400 emergency calls per year between the main campus in Storrs and UConn Health in Farmington. In addition to emergency responses, department members provide fire/EMS standbys for large public events, offer public education programs, provide a wide range of fire marshal and building official services to UConn campuses across the state, and perform many non-emergency activities all which contribute to a safer community.
EVENT REQUEST SIGN-UPS
- UConn Public Access Aed/ Stop The Bleed
- UConn Opiate Antagonist Policy And Procedures
- UConn Students Who Wish To Volunteer For Fire/EMS
- Take the Campus Fire Safety Month Quiz
- Mental Health Services
- Student Health Services
- Connecticut Fire Academy
- National Fallen Firefighter Foundation
- Live Radio Stream - Station 22 Storrs
- Live Radio Stream - Station 122 Farmington
- Fire Safety Messages
- Fire Log - Reportable Fires 2014-2016
- Hot Work Permit
The University of Connecticut complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.